ART OF DISPLAY: Fashion Window Competition 2018
The “ART OF DISPLAY: Fashion Window Competition” is organized by the Design and Technology Excellence Centre “ZIPhouse” with the support of the Moldova Competitiveness Project financed by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA), in partnership with the Light Industry Employers’ Association of Moldova (APIUS), M &W Merchandising and Windows School (Rusia), Platform Design Cafe & Club, Building materials store “Supraten”, National center for footwear “Zorile”, Cake Shop “Dolce Parma”, Hobby Store “Crafti”, Advertising agency “Orhid Color”, Video Partners “25th Frame”.
“ART OF DISPLAY: Fashion Window Competition” is a competition based on a challenge for specialists in the arrangement and merchandising of store showrooms and displays, or designers and decorators, passionate about the world of showcases, who want to become professionals in this field. The challenge is to arrange and decorate a showcase of a fashion store for a local brand in a short time of only 2 weeks.
PURPOSE: specializing in the decoration of store showcases for the fashion industry, identifying and promoting new talents that have aspirations in this field, providing support for the development of their artistic skills and facilitating collaborations between representatives of the fashion industry and designers and decorators of displays.
- Facilitation of partnerships and collaborations between window decorators, local fashion brands and other industry stakeholders through engagement in the competition
- Identification of talents and professionals in arranging and merchandising the showcases by organizing the contest and assisting them in preparation for participation
- Promotion of new talents in Fashion Window Display
All professionals in the design and merchandising of showcases or designers and decorators, passionate about the world of showcases, who want to specialize in fashion decoration showrooms are invited to participate in the contest. The participants will have an opportunity to work with the local fashion brands.
Date: April 4 – June 8, 2018
Place: ZIPhouse, Chişinău
Number of participants: 20 selected designers / window display specialists in competition, 10 representatives of local brands (10 showcase participating in the contest)
OUTLINES OF THE COMPETITION
- Application for the competition and selection of participants
- Launching of the contest, elaboration of the window decoration projects
- Preliminary training one week before the submission of the projects
- Presentation and selection of the projects
- Planning and decorating of the window display
- International and local jury voting and awarding of the finalists.
Professional jury: local and international experts, representatives of local fashion brands: online & offline at the presentation of decorated window displays.
- Balance and Composition
- General Impact
- Incorporation of Theme
- Exhibition and local visibility through publishing of images of window displays of the winning works in the specialized Design Café & Club magazine – Award provided by the Event Partner, Design Café & Club Platform (Grand Prize, Second Place, Third Place).
- Participation in the „Visual Merchandising and Window Display”
- Grand Prize – an opportunity for intensive training on Merchandising and Windows Display at M&W Merchandising and Windows School, Rusia.
- Supraten Shopping Vouchers (2000 MDL, 3000 MDL, 4000 MDL)- award provided by the Contest Partner, Supraten.
- Public Vote (Prize 2000 MDL) – award provided by the Contest Partner, Zorile.
April 4 – Call for Application
April 4 – April 24 – Application period
April 24 – Portfolio analysis done by local and international jury, and the presentation of the results of the selection by the international jury, that will judge online
April 24 – Announcement of the results to the applicants and invitation for the event of matching on April 30
April 25 – Launching Event // Matching of Vitrines and Participants Event (by random selection)
Window Display and Merchandising Training Session
April 26 – May 9 – Period of the realization of projects for the specific vitrines
May 9 – Deadline for submitting of the projects – sketches sent online
May 9 – May 14 – Project Analysis and voting done by the international jury members (online)
May 14 – Project presentation event (sketch / layout, samples of materials, etc.), judging and selection of projects / ideas, that will be implemented
May 15 – June 1 – Period of arrangement and decoration of showcases (2 weeks)
June 2 – Deadline for submitting pictures / photos of decorated showcases
June 4 – Analysis of the showcases (based on sent photographs), selection of the winner by the jury
June 8 – Awarding Event